Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chicken with Sweet Sour Sauce



In Thailand we have many recipes for "sweet and sour dishes" such as sweet and sour stir fry chicken, Sweet sour salty sauce with fry fish.(we call Pla Sam Rod mean 3 tastes fish)

This recipes I tried to made sweet and sour sauce with ingredient I had in my kitchen that day.

Sweet and Sour Sauce :

5 slices of Ginger.
4 cloves of Garlic smashed
2-3 table spoon Thai chili sauce (Sri RaCha Sauce)
1 orange (juice only)
1 lemon zest and juice.
2-3 Table spoons brown sugar
1/4 cup Thin soy sauce (Thai soy sauce)
Black pepper

Add all ingredient to sauce pan bring to boil and simmer for 5 minute.Let it cool.
Marinate 4 Chicken Tight bone in skin on.(or your choice of chicken) For over night.

The next day : bake chicken at 400F for 35-45 minutes or until chicken cook, turn oven to broil 3-4 minutes to finish.

In the meanwhile add the sauce from marinated chicken to the sauce pan bring to boil and simmer until the sauce become thick.strain the sauce.

Put sauce over the chicken.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice recipe, will be really good for my chicken I have sitting wanting to be something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete