Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Japanese Cold Noodle " Hiyashi Chuka"



For summer the cold dish, fleshy food is my favorite here, When I was living in Thailand I never learn about food for summer or winter because the weather over there is hot all year.

For summer I like Gazpacho and Japanese Cold Noodle " Hiyashi Chuka" I like the freshness of cucumber and cold noodle in my month.

The original dish make with "Ramen" Noodle but I always use soba or other Chinese noodle that I can find from my kitchen.

at Asian grocery stores you can find packages of hiyashi chuka noodles.They come with sauce.

For me, I buy low sodium noodle and better make my own dressing.


Noodle:


flat egg noodles,Chinese style noodle,Ramen noodle or Japanese style noodle such as Soba,MaiKi Soba.

Cook Noodle by direction then rinse with cold water, I always put some ice into it.

Topping :
Thin Omelettes sliced
Ham
Crab Imitation, Crab Meat, Cooked Shrimp. Optional

Choice of Vegetable

Cucumber
Tomatoes sliced
green onion
carrot
Bean spout


Sauce:

2 tablespoons mirin (sweet cooking wine)
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoon soysauce
2 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar.
1/2 tablespoon of sesami oil.
1/3 cup dashi soup or water. (I use dashi powder boil with water)

In a saucepan,bring dashi soup,soy sauce,sugar,mirin to boil add vinegar and sesami oil.Let it cool,better if it make 1-2 hours before serving and refrigerater.

Serving: add cold noodle in the bolw, topping with meat or seafood and vegetable, garnish with nori and sesami seed. Add sauce.

Enjoy!!

1 comment: